NXT 4×4 Expansion Module
The NXT-4X4 Input/Output Expansion Module provides functionality to any Doors.NET access control system by adding auxiliary I/O that can be used for additional access control functionality, monitoring non-reader doors or other devices, and creating powerful action sequences by linking input triggers to outputs. The module can be connected anywhere along the RS-485 trunk, most commonly at the controller or near a reader. One module can be added per trunk, allowing up to an extra 8 inputs and 8 outputs on an NXT-2D Controller and an extra 16 inputs and outputs on an NXT-4D controller.
- Flash Memory for easy upgrades
- Re-assignable/Interchangeable with controller's door I/O
- 4 auxiliary Inputs and 4 auxiliary Outputs per module
- One 4x4 module can be added to each controller bus
- 4-State Supervision on Inputs
- Powered from Controller or by stand alone power supply
- Status Indicator LEDs for power, communication, and relay position
- Optional Locking Metal Enclosure
The module’s inputs and outputs are re-assignable and interchangeable with the main controller’s inputs and outputs and can be used for Door Forced and Door Held Open Alarms as well as Auxiliary REX Inputs, Latch Integrity, Bond Sensor, or other general purpose I/O. There is also a dedicated tamper input. The module can be mounted next to the door providing local door control and local door alarm functions while minimizing the cable bundle from door to controller. The unit also has a port to plug in a reader interface module (NXT-RMX) to allow Keri MS reader signals to be sent down the RS-485 line.